24 Hour Live-In Care is the pinnacle of senior care and it is one of our specialties. With this model, a senior is able to age in place safely at home to the end of life. Husky Senior Care does 24/7 Live-In Care especially well because:
- We develop a customized Plan of Care that evolves with the client
- Our educated caregivers are better able to track complicated medical issues
- Our Clear Care system allows families real time feedback on the care
- Each client has Care Manager oversight which insures a smooth experience
The caregiver will shop, prepare meals, and eat with the client. To qualify for the per diem rate, the caregiver must have a place to sleep, get 7 hours of sleep each night, and not get up more than 2-3 times per night. All the services on our service list are available to the senior on this program, including transportation and hospice assistance.
Husky Senior Care uses a team approach to live-in care. We typically have a team of two employees who serve the senior, one lives in for 4 days, the other for 3 days. They also back each other up for vacation, sick leave, and other absences. The relationships that form allow for meaningful companionship. The Care Manager provides an extra layer of back up.
Who Might Choose Live-In Care?
24/7 Live-In Care is for seniors who:
- Place a high priority on staying at home
- Have Dementia or are a Fall Risk (especially when combined with dementia)
- Are on Hospice Care
- Have Mobility Issues (need help with walking or transfers)
- Require an extra level of support to live safely and comfortably
With live-in care, the caregiver lives, eats, and sleeps right in the home. The fact that there is a sleeping component to the live-in care brings down the cost per hour considerably. See our Services and Fees page for updated pricing. Live-In care is typcially about $2500 more per month than a nursing home. Many seniors find it worth every penny to stay home.