We call our caregivers “Personal Assistants” because that is how we view our business as the Stay Home Alternative. All of our caregivers are employees of Husky Senior Care, not independent contractors. They are local, wholesome, educated individuals who share your values and who you will enjoy inviting into your home.
In terms of background, our Caregivers are typically Certified Nursing Assistants or Certified Home Care Aides. Many are pursuing a career in nursing. They find that experience in home care is an asset for a future career in medicine. Others are graduate students or older professionals seeking a more meaningful job. And others are career caregivers. All have that unique Husky Senior Care stamp of approval: they have some college education and/or outstanding high acuity nursing assistant skills, enjoy engaging with other people, speak great English, are certified, and are able to provide Meaningful Companionship.
All of our Caregivers have CPR certifications, complete our orientation program, and participate in our formal ongoing training program. We also perform full reference, background, and credential checks on all of our staff. We will provide you with a Caregiver Bio for each caregiver so you can get to know them.
And of course your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Each caregiver goes through a systematic, rigorous hiring and training process which includes:
- A thorough in-person interview
- A criminal background check
- Social Security number verification
- Employment eligibility verification
- Employment references are properly checked (this is key!)
- Completion of a thorough orientation process
- Identification of qualities we desire: articulate, caring, energetic, honest, and reliable
- Licensing and bonding by Husky Senior Care
- Coverage by Workers Compensation
- Completion of regular performance evaluations and continuing training
- Possessing a valid driver's license (if the caregiver will be a driver)
- Mandatory ongoing training consisting of 12 Continuing Education Units per year